Summer Field Internship Available May 1, 2013
The Mountain Watershed Association (based in Fayette County, Pennsylvania) is currently accepting resumes for a summer Field Internship position. This position is available from May 2013 – August 2013 and is based in our Melcroft, PA office.
- Conduct biological and chemical water quality monitoring
- Conduct routine maintenance activities at abandoned mine drainage treatment systems
- Assist in data collection and analysis of dataloggers within the Indian Creek and Youghiogheny River watersheds
- Participate in outreach and educational activities throughout the Youghiogheny River watershed including the development of educational programs for community events and festivals
- All other duties as assigned
- Course work or interest in field ecology, biology, or environmental disturbances
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Candidates should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and able to work independently
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to develop additional skills as needed
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Field experience not required as training will be available.
Compensation will be determined based on length of commitment and experience. College course credit may be available. An AmeriCorps internship beginning fall 2013 may be available to a qualified and interested candidate.
Applicants should send a one page cover letter, resume and three references to Carla Ruddock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “internship resume” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Mountain Watershed Association is concerned with the conservation, restoration and protection of the Indian Creek Watershed in Westmoreland and Fayette Counties in the Laurel Highlands region of Pennsylvania. MWA is home of the Youghiogheny RIVERKEEPER® which has expanded our vision into the larger Youghiogheny River watershed. More information at www.mtwatershed.com.